Wednesday, May 5, 2010

GAPS-Friendly Banana Waffles

I've been following the GAPS Diet.  I generally don't feel one bit deprived doing without sugar or grains, but tonight I made the kids whole wheat waffles, and they smelled and looked so good!  (By the way the kids gobbled them up, they tasted great, too.)  I decided I really needed some waffles, so this is what I came up with:

GAPS-Friendly Banana Waffles

1 mashed banana
1 egg
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (just because it needed using -- cinnamon would be good, too, I'm sure)
3/4 cup almond meal
~ a dash of salt would probably be good, but I didn't think of it

Mix ingredients in order listed and bake on waffle iron.  This made one full waffle, and this funny partial waffle:


In the future, I'll double the recipe to get 3 full waffles.

These were EXCELLENT!  I topped them with butter.  I was going to add a drizzle of raw honey, but the banana added enough sweetness for me.  They were similar in taste to banana bread but with the crispy waffle outside and tender inside.  I will definately be making these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment